top of page

Solent Rescue is a small independent rescue charity founded in 1971 initially as a beach rescue service.

Since 1971 the charity has grown into a lifeboat service, adhering to the Maritime And Coastguard agency's Rescue Boat Code, just like our friends in the 
RNLI. The service still maintains its presence at Lepe Country Park with the aim of providing first aid to the 1 million visitors the park has each year.

Solent Rescue is a member of the Solent Sea Rescue Organisation which is made up of 7 independent lifeboats.

This organisation is part of a wider group of independent lifeboats that make up
25% of all lifeboat services in the UK, with the RNLI accounting for the remaining 75%.

Our charity is run entirely by volunteers! These are amazing individuals who come together to make a difference in their local community.

Our Resources
Solent Rescue Arctic 24 Lifeboat

Arctic 24 Lifeboat
" Solent Rescue 1 "

Dimensions: 7.66m x 2.54m
Top Speed: 48knts
Operating Range: 120nm

Crew: 4 (Helm, Navigator, 2x Crew)
Engines: 2x Mercury 150 bhp
Fuel: 2x 150L petrol fuel tanks


IB1 D-Class Lifeboat
" Solent Rescue 2 "

Dimensions: 5.00m x 2.00m
Top Speed: 25knts
Operating Range: 35nm

Crew: 3-4 (Helm, Navigator, 1-2x Crew)
Engines: 1x Mercury 50 bhp
Fuel: 2x 34L petrol fuel bladders


Massey Ferguson 8240

WhatsApp Image 2019-01-05 at 14.06.26.jpeg

Toyota Hilux 4x4

bottom of page